Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Morning Reflections





Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

                                Standing Bear 







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found this old picture and will let it serve to remind me that rain will come, grass will grow green, and flowers will bloom again in the canyon where everything is the color of and old worn out burro, covered in desert dust.

I'm sorry I worried you with my diabetes problems. My husband calls me twice a day, so that's a safety net. And I am very, very vigilant. When you can't feel your low sugars coming on, and usually you can, the trick is to keep them high for a while. I do that by taking less insulin than I need. After that, I can feel my low sugars before they get dangerous, eat some glucose tablets (and chocolates!), thus preventing them from going too low. And today I plan to review everything that's happened in the past week and adjust my insulin pump settings. I do this better than the doctor, but I see him in a month and will discuss this week with him then.

I want to thank my friend Carol, who sent me a lot of test strips she didn't use (she has type 2 and does not have to be as vigilant as I). To be able to test as much, and more, than needed has been a life saver for me this week. Thank you so much, Carol.  

My email is working again, so I will wait with changing to gmail. I'm sure I will do it soon because it will be easier to have everything in one place. Oh, well, Google wins again! I came up with a mixture of our initials and when I included SD for Samson Dog, I was satisfied with my new moniker. Thanks for your suggestions, of course I loved samsonsmommy. More about him soon, he is turning out to be a GREAT dog! It has been good for us to be alone here and really bond. I feel his love, it's so strong. 

Samson Says: The sun rising through the clouds, makes me look pink here. I'm not Puddles, I did NOT dye my fur!











LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails