Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Out Hiking~ Looking For Flowers



I walked up my closest hill the other day to look for wildflowers.


I didn't walk all the way to the top, I'm learning to pace myself. But glad to feel so much better now.


 One of many coyote trails. 


There wasn't an abundance of wildflowers yet. It's still cold at night. But they will come...


I love the smaller flowers, sometimes you see just one tiny, yellow, flower growing in the sand and you wonder at it.


The ragged hills across the way have many fabulous rock formations, parapets, fortresses, and beautiful large rocks.


Since I will never be able to climb them, I zoomed in to get a better view.






Another coyote trail makes me wonder where they come from, where they live, are their pups growing up strong now after all the rains. They no longer come to drink from my water leak so they must be doing OK. 



Someone is happy to see me come off that big hill. She could jump much higher when she was younger and thinner. Hard to believe she will be five in a few weeks. 

I have tried to find out what the lavender flowers are called. "Fil....." something. Checking for lavender colored flowers, you get Lavender, of course. Checking for local high desert wild flowers you get poppies and a lot of other non-applicable flowers. I will ask my friends later today when we head out to the Lancaster poppy reserve. Hope to get some good pictures there. 







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails