Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Morning Reflections


There's lots of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it.  ~Josh Billings 


 If I'd known I was going to live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself.  ~Leon Eldred


This morning, I was reflecting on health and how important it is to be healthy as we get older. I have several things wrong with me, but none is holding me back so far. I have thought that maybe one of them would get me in the end, but I never gave a single thought to the power of a virus.
I haven't had a flu for at least 20 years, as the flu shots have kept me safe. Then I got this virus that I've now had for almost a month and I don't remember feeling as ill as I did these last few weeks since I had measles as a child. So I went to quotegarden.com to see if I could find some wise quotes on Health; instead I found several funny ones that made me giggle. And since giggling is what I need to do right now, I posted two of them above.
And then we had the first "real" snow storm of the winter! I stayed inside and took a few pictures through the living room window. I wish I could go out and play with the dogs in the snow, but I better not. Have a great Sunday!

19 comments:

  1. Stay in, stay warm--& keep posting these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Inger - two good maxims about life in general .. so true for so many.

    Look after yourself - enjoy that pristine landscape - relax, breathe, make some lovely warming soups .. and you're on the mend - I'm so pleased to hear .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, that looks so yummy cold! Lovely! Maybe it will lift your spirits, it does mine just to look at your photos. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! cool snow! get better, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta det lugnt och vila så blir du snart helt ok. Men vad snö...brukar ni få det?? Jag är i Österrike och åker skidor denna veckan.Det är fina backar med mycket snö och det är otroligt varmt. Skönt med sol och snö

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures ~ thanks for sharing them ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures ~ thanks for sharing them ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos. Stay warm. Continue on the road to good health.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have snow too! Enjoy yours from the warmth of the house. Wet gloves and cold fingers are over-rated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giggles are good for your health! Like the photos. (I also hope I got the word verification thing removed... I think I did...)

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that you are feeling better.
    Snow storm in California is kind of strange. Stay warm and cozy. Keep hydrated and watch something fun.
    I like the two quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. take gentle care of you

    One of the great things about snow like this is getting out to find foot prints in the snow

    birds , small critters, big critters, could be a fun diversion for a few minutes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Probably the last snow for this year? I think life would be pretty difficult if we spent it obsessed with our health all the time. However, it is easy to fall into that mode at times.
    I believe we have to feel lousy at times in order to appreciate feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful pictures! I wish we more if that. Then I might have been able to hibernate decently.

    When you feel like walking some more, maybe we could walk virtually, and thus encourage each other. If you feel OK walking with a Bear.

    Blessings and Bear hugs in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you are feeling a bit better. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your photos Inger. I hope you feel better soon. How horrible to be sick for so long...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry you haven't been feeling well, Inger. I know with your diabetes, this really got you down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails