Friday, March 23, 2012

What's Going On? --- Justice for Trayvon Martin



Last night I watched on TV the gathering of people, some 30,000 people, demanding justice for Trayvon Martin, the young boy in Florida, shot do death for no other reason than that he was black. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep, I was that upset, wondering what was going on, once again, in America. 


Trying to go back to sleep, I composed a poem for the boy in my mind. That didn't help. This morning, I went outside and took these two pictures that are about as dark as I feel inside.
America needs for white parents, who teach their children racial hatred, to stop it. We are not born racists, we are taught by our parents and our communities. These white parents need to look inside themselves and see their own humanity, then they need to look at people of color and see that same humanity in them. Then America needs these white parents to put away their own fear-based racial hatred and lock it up together with their guns!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails