Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Morning Reflections


There's lots of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it.  ~Josh Billings 


 If I'd known I was going to live so long, I'd have taken better care of myself.  ~Leon Eldred


This morning, I was reflecting on health and how important it is to be healthy as we get older. I have several things wrong with me, but none is holding me back so far. I have thought that maybe one of them would get me in the end, but I never gave a single thought to the power of a virus.
I haven't had a flu for at least 20 years, as the flu shots have kept me safe. Then I got this virus that I've now had for almost a month and I don't remember feeling as ill as I did these last few weeks since I had measles as a child. So I went to quotegarden.com to see if I could find some wise quotes on Health; instead I found several funny ones that made me giggle. And since giggling is what I need to do right now, I posted two of them above.
And then we had the first "real" snow storm of the winter! I stayed inside and took a few pictures through the living room window. I wish I could go out and play with the dogs in the snow, but I better not. Have a great Sunday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails