Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Samson And The Case Of The Thieving Raven -- A Repost


We all need a little cheering up, I think, so I went looking for some cute dog posts. I think this one may do the trick:

My dogs used to speak and tell stories for many years here on my blog. Then they stopped, probably after losing their daddy. This is a post from 2014, right before Errol was diagnosed with cancer. It's sad/sweet to remember even something as common as going to the grocery store together. But fun to see Samson's concern for an old man being robbed by a raven. He truly is the sweetest dog ever. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On our way home after taking Samson for his rabies shot, eye check, and pedicure we stop at the grocery store. I wait with Samson in the Wrangler while hubby goes to the store. We sit, bored, watching an old man placing his groceries in the bed of his truck after first slowly and carefully tying the bags to keep the groceries in.


Samson: "Look at that bird, mommy, what's he doing? I think he's gonna steal some of that old man's food!"


Me: " I think you are right, Samson, that's one bold bird."


Samson: "Look at him, he's starting to peck at the man's bag!"


"I'm moving up here, so I can see better. Should I bark at him and try to scare him away, mommy?"





Samson: "Look, look, mommy he got something out of the old man's bag! Now that's not fair. That looked like a poor old man, I know he doesn't want a bird messing with his food! Why are you so slow mommy, you should go over there and tell the old man."


Me: "You know I can't get out fast, Samson, and now the man is backing out. He's leaving."



Samson: " Good, the raven's leaving too, so the old man will have most of his food left when he gets home. Do you think he will be surprised to find his bags open and food stolen?"

Me: "I'm sure he will very surprised, Samson."

Samson, changing the subject: "Mommy, why did those girls at the vet say I was AWESOME?"

Me: "They just thought you were a very handsome dog and such a good and brave boy."


Have a nice day everyone, I hope you enjoyed my raven adventure.


Posted by Samson, the Samoyed Dog. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails