Sunday, October 16, 2022

My Ancestors, Maybe

 

The Vikings were the first people to sail beyond the sight of land.

Thinking about sailing beyond the sight of land for the very first time really means something to me, as someone who has spent a lot of time sailing during my life.

I think about how they could not be sure to find their way back home. I wonder how this spread among them. After the first boat sailed, how did others know to set out as well. 

I now have the DVD and the accompanying book about the Vikings from The Great Courses. I'm looking forward to learning more about these people I hope were my ancestors from long ago.

This has also made me interested in learning about my DNA. I look so very Scandinavian, that I've always thought there's no doubt where I come from, but then, you never know, so I will order a kit. 










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails