Friday, October 21, 2022

Surgery Update #3 ~ The Doctor Called

Last week, my doctor called to let me know that the latest biopsy, the one on the left side, was OK, no cancer there. 

I was pretty sure myself all along that my lymph nodes had reacted to the covid booster I had around that time. 

But getting it confirmed was of course great. 

Dr. Gordon said she's so ready to get on with the surgery, which will happen after the 24th, which is Monday, when the nodule in my lung will be biopsied.  

Phew, I don't think I ever used the word "nodule" before in my life, and now I seem to talk about them constantly. 

Dr. Gordon called the lung nodule, which is one cm, so very small, something to that effect, "small thing in your lung, not very concerned with it, but will, of course, discuss with the lung doctors." 

To know that she wants to go ahead with the surgery feels good. 

So now, I just have to wait until next week to find out if I have lung cancer or not.

Personally, I feel that one cancer at a time is enough. 

But then I smoked in my younger days, my parents smoked all their lives, so I was exposed to cigarette smoke since childhood. My mom stopped when we were small, but picked it up later. 

And my dad died of lung cancer. 

So there it is, as Errol used to sometimes say...


Faith: Hmm, not sure what's going on here. I need to have a conversation with mommy soon, because I'm beginning to worry. 

Too many big words that I just don't understand. Nodules, cancer, surgery???

But no matter what happens, I'm mommy's support dog forever and ever. 





 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails