Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Huge Thank You To All My Blogger Friends

Sunday's Quote:

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

                                                                                Aesop



Thank you so much, my dear blogger friends, for your support and encouragement during the past three months. Thank you all for your kindness during my recovery and for waiting for me to come back to blogging after my break.

I have said it before and I'll say it again: When I first started blogging, almost a year ago now, I thought it would be a way for friends, family back in Sweden, and those old UCLA colleagues who wanted to keep up with me to read about my life with dogs here in the canyon.

But blogging has become so much more. I had no idea that I would make new friends I would come to feel like I've known for years. That I would meet people from all over the world, from the very north of Sweden (a blogger friend, no relation) to Canada, the UK, Slovenia, Australia, Tanzania, Namibia, and so on. And that all of these individuals would have something to teach me or tell me about:  from donkey, horse,  and elephant rescues; a dog's adventures on the beaches of Nova Scotia; learning a simple way to make ice cream; dealing with severe disabilities and pain with more strength and grace than I can imagine; to the helper in Africa with his chickens, the dog he rescued, and his loyalty to my blogger friend and her family there. It has been such a rich experience for me and it just continues to grow.

As I'm beginning to feel like my old self, I just want you guys to know that your kindness meant a lot to me.

Inger

20 comments:

  1. Inger I share your thanks. I do not follow many but love the ones I do. The chance to see the simple world form all its far corners.

    I feel many of us share a journey into the more simple life and appreciation of the wonders around us.

    Appreciation of these small miracles is something no government nor tyrant can take from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although thanks are always appreciated, I (for myself) feel like a friend, from the first time I saw your blog. This is what I figure friends do, encourage, pray, and stand by - waiting for the time the friend returns.

    I am so happy you are getting stronger and thankful for the company and love that the dogs give you. They are such loves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my blogger friends, they are so true....imo!
    I'm very proud to be your friend.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Härligt att du tillbaka i bloggvärlden Inger
    kramar från ditt Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blogging. I am really pleased you found my blog because I now have a lovely bloggy friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone else has stated I am so pleased to be called one of your friends ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  7. To All: Sitting here alone on my mountain top (not really, mountain canyon is more like it) getting to know all of you has enriched my life. Thanks for all your nice comments. Lots of love, Inger
    Petra: Jag sag filmen igar. Skriver snart om den. Kram min van, Inger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inger, I never thought I'd meet new friends via blogs (if I did, I would have started to blog sooner). It is an amazing community because we really only stick to the blogs that resonate with our hearts:) I am happy to have found you.
    Sandra (all the way from Slovenia)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh go way with ya, Inger! It was the least we could all do for you! You are right, who would have thought you could get all this and more from blogging? I surely didn't. So from the beaches of Nova Scotia to your mountain canyon, it has and is all my pleasure.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jabacue: Thank you -- it's mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true Inger, reading blogs can teach so much about so many different things...and I love and appreciate all my blogger friends too.Friends are so much better than family at times..you can't choose family but you can choose your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to know that each day brings a day of getting back to your old self. The blogging community seems to be a family and we rejoice or sympathize with our bloggy buddies.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. You draw friends to you, Inger. Thank you for your kind words, but, we are all just as lucky to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're back to blogging. I know what pleasure it gives you and us to be able to read about your adventures in the Wilderness of TC. Welcome back and so glad your latest "shoulder Adventure" is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ninny: I have learned that this is a real community of caring people.
    Louise: You are too much! Thank you, my dear friend.
    Retired Girl: Yes, blogging is so much fun for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Canyon Girl,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and for the sweet comment. It's nice to meet you and I've just added myself as a new follower to your blog. Now I'm off to peak through the archives. Thanks again and I hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to hear that you are feeling better. And I'm very glad I found your blog and look forward to reading your posts. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am way behind in reading and commenting on blogs because I'm working around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Faded Highways: Love your name! Thanks for stopping by here too.
    Callie: I know how hard you have been working. I know it will all be worth it in the end. I'm glad I found your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the visit and comment=) It seems as though you have many friends here in blogland, that's wonderful.

    Continue to get stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Marty, I am feeling so much better each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.. ~~ Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails