Monday, March 28, 2022

Animals, People Too & A Small But Mighty Dog




Joyce's friend Solange, now my friend as well, came up to visit and help out. They must have been working hard, because I see no mess in this corral. 
 

Solange is such a genuine, kind, caring and special person, as is Joyce. I feel so fortunate to end up here with only one neighbor and have that one person be Joyce. This part of her ranch is only about a two minute walk from my house. Then it's uphill to her house. I usually drive, but should start to walk, at least to here. 


Solange's Mucking Service -- No Stall Too Small

Solange told me her dad designed her sweatshirt so appropriately.


After talking to Solange, I went to see the donkey.


And the goat.


Another bonded pair that was so lucky to end up at Joyce's place. 


When the Donkey Rescue was here, where Joyce now lives, I  spent a lot of time out on the rescue. That's where I learned about and fell in love with both donkeys and goats. 


Needless to say, I'm so happy Joyce decided to get this pair. 


Lucky me, before this posted, the Devon herd came to visit, enjoying the shade on an unusually warm March day. 

As far as I know, Joyce buys, sells and rescues animals. She's taken a special interest in the American Milking Devon cows out of Colonial Williamsburg. I believe the original members of her Devon cattle came from there. A long time ago, I saw the papers she has on them. 


The Devon bull ate up all the grass next to my house, which was growing pretty tall and I was going to ask Mark to cut back. 





The last link above may not work, but of course, there are plenty of pictures online at the Colonial Williamsburg website.








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails