Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Morning Reflections ~ Samson

 


I've decided to post a picture of my beloved fluffmonster Samson here maybe once a month or so. On a Sunday.

Pictures from when he was young and from his later years, I have so many.

Blogger friend KB did this for a long time after they lost their black Lab, R. I believe it helped.

I think it will help me.  

I feel really lost without him.

I think I feel this way because after Errol died, Samson, Faith and I were the three musketeers, making it through the pain of our loss together, one day at a time. 

It was just the three of us.


How I loved him, love him still. His ashes are in a wooden box with dog paw prints on it. It sits on what was Errol's nightstand in my bedroom.

Together with the cup with his picture that my friend, and fellow former Samoyed mom, Carole, had made and gave to me. 

I was going to spread his ashes over the land here, but I couldn't do it. 


Yes, of course I'm so glad to have Faith, my protective, smart and all around lovely dog. 






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails