Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Welcome, Comment on Comments, a Book Review Postponed, a Trip, and a Cloud

A warm welcome to bon bon, a new follower, whose blog phantom-kitty promises to be a really fun new blog for me to read. Bon bon can understand and express what goes on in the minds of animals, much as I try to do in my writings as an animal. Please read her latest post about cows and you will see what I mean. (Of course, one doesn't really know what goes on in critters' minds, but it is so much fun to pretend.)

I was amazed that so many of you commented on my smoking post of yesterday. I appreciate each and every comment so much, but Barbee's Wow made me feel as though my writing really touched someone. Thank you Barbee all of you who commented. I told my husband this morning, and he asked if I had told everyone how I used to smoke, wear a nicotine patch, and chew nicotine gum all at the same time. This is true, and it goes to show how ingrained that habit was in me. It also shows that it isn't really fair to point out that since some smokers can quit cold turkey, why can't you? I can attest to the fact that some of us simply can't. I could not be scared straight for over 20 years. 


I have to postpone my review of Brother I'm Dying until next week. This is the third book I got from Jane that I couldn't put down. Yesterday, my husband had to go to Los Angeles and I decided I wanted to go with him. I will write about this road trip through the Mojave Desert and into the big city later this week. I haven't been to Los Angeles for two or three years, I can't remember now, but it doesn’t matter. What I came away with and will remember always: cars, cars, and more cars.  

Today, I have a lot of paperwork that needs to get done, some of it by tomorrow. Then there are the income taxes, both individual and business. I don't do them, but I pull them together and make sure everything is accounted for. So a busy day ahead.

It is cloudy here in the canyon and I heard it may rain or even snow by Friday. The other night, we had this cloud hanging over our house at sunset. It never moved and as the sun set, it became pink, then red, gray, and finally, as it got dark, the cloud turned black. 


Tomorrow I hope to talk about an award we got from texwisgirl. Samson is helping me write a Thank You. He was mentioned and he is very proud. Thank you texwisgirl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails