Thursday, November 11, 2010

This and That and a Jeep


The Jeep when it was new a couple of years ago.

Today, I'm driving the Jeep for the first time down the mountain to Bakersfield. I have an appointment with my endocrinologist and another for a mammogram. The Jeep will soon be my car to drive up here and though my husband offered to come with me, I feel a need to overcome this driving hurdle too and make it on my own. I may soon have to drive the Jeep back up here from LA and that will be so much worse as far as traffic goes. It really takes some time to overcome the fear of driving after an accident, but I will keep working on it as best I can. I am glad that the huge windstorm we had yesterday has subsided and take that as a good luck sign.

I am still struggling with getting the medical care I need. After spending the entire day on the phone, or so it seems, the other day, I have to talk to my attorney again and he now has to try to make the physical therapy place see me for the treatments the orthopedic surgeon prescribed. I still have pain, but it is getting better for the most part, and now I need to get my range of motion and muscle strength back in my left arm. I will write more later about doctors' refusals to see car accident victims because they do not want to go through the pain and hassles of dealing with the auto insurance companies. And of course they don't want to risk not getting paid. While that's understandable, I still am wondering what in the world to do!!!

We woke up to a very cold house and frost outside. It was a cold night in the canyon, but the sun is shining now and my husband has made a fabulous fire in our woodstove fireplace, so it's getting warmer already.

Have a nice day everyone and thanks for visiting my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails