Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Welcome Sandy, I'm so happy you signed up to follow my blog. 


On this Thanksgiving morning, I first want to thank all of you for your comments on yesterday's post. I'm thinking that I no longer live here alone so much. I feel like I have so many new friendships and so much caring coming from all of you. It is something I am truly grateful for on this day. 


Terry asked about the photo of me and Soldier: My husband took it Christmas 2008. I love that afghan that I got from the local thrift-shop for $8.00!


I also want to give thanks for all the good things in my life. After I had cancer 11 years ago, I began something that started out as a bargaining tool, you know, please don't let me die, kind of thing. Now it has become a simple gratitude prayer for each new day and it has now moved me from fear to peace. "Thank you Lord for this new and beautiful day and for all my blessings." It is very simple, but it reminds me. Life has not been all that easy this past year, but I am so grateful that I am here in my home with my husband and pets on this Thanksgiving Day. And that I have good friends both of the kind I can physically hug and all of you out there.


We are getting ready to go to my BIL's house for Thanksgiving dinner. So I won't have any time today and maybe not tomorrow either to visit your blogs. But catch up I will, soon.


Have a wonderful day everyone and enjoy your meal. I'm sure many of you have been working hard on giving your family and friends the very best from you kitchens.


Inger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails