Monday, November 22, 2010

On a Cold and Foggy Morning


I went outside early to clean the dog run, bring in some wood, and take a few pictures.


Most of the snow melted yesterday, a windstorm blew in overnight and it was very cold and windy outside.


My husband took a lot of wood from the woodpile to the house for me before he left the last time. Today, I brought in the last of that wood. Those of you who know about my injured arm and shoulder  can see I'm doing better. I'm using work like this to build up my strength. I do the physical therapy exercises too, but those I see as a necessary evil.


As I was cleaning the dog run, I noticed Samson discovering the joy of eating and playing with ice.


Chores done, I took the camera and went for a short walk. I came upon the neighbor's steer -- hardy critters that seem totally unbothered by any extremes in the weather. Sorry the pictures are so dark, you can hardly see them. 


This cloudy day in the canyon is for me a welcome change from the eternal California sunshine.


This raindrop photo pays homage to my blogger friend Jabacue whose blog, Ocean Breezes, you can check out here. A while back, he took the most beautiful photos of raindrops on a bare tree branch that made a lasting impression on me. I doubt I would have even noticed these raindrops, coming off the roof of our shed, if it hadn't been for those photos. I had so much fun trying to capture one or two and, as you can see, success! Nothing like Jabacue's though, but still fun.


My trusty old clothes-line in winter. You can barely see it either. Oh well, lesson learned -- this light calls for a camera adjustment.


After much ado, success!! Why do I forget how to do this from year to year?


After all that, what's better than to sit down and write a blog post with a favorite cup of hot tea? Rachael gave me this cup and it makes me smile every time I look at it.


I'm also looking at these apples, because today is a good day for baking or cooking. Cold outside, but cozy in here with the fire warming up the house. The apples are going bad....I don't know what to do with them, but I'll figure something out after lunch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails