Saturday, May 7, 2011

Samson Goes To The Vet



Samson Says: 



I knew something was up. First I got brushed and brushed, OUCH, there! 



That wasn't any fun, but then Daddy and Mommy took me out to the car. I got so excited because it's been so long since I got to go on a trip. 


We drove for a while on the highway and through the town. Then we came to this place and we got out. I smelled a lot of dogs. So many, my head began to spin. What kind of place is this, I wondered. I think they are up to something. And it isn't good!


We went in and Mommy signed in here and then went to tell some ladies behind the counter my name and when I last had my shots. Shots! I heard that. Meanwhile, I saw some strange animals in a carrier. There were two and, when I walked up to investigate, one of them went: Meow, meow! Now I ask you, what kind of critter would talk like that? I wanted to get closer and sniff them, but the lady held on to the carrier and told me I wasn't welcome. OK, I get a hint, so I left them alone.


So I sat down with Daddy and was minding my own business, when this woman came in with a big bad boy dog. She led the dog right up to me and said: Boy, aren't you pretty!  I was not amused, so I lifted my right lip and quivered it. Well, that was enough for Mommy to tell the lady to get lost with her dog. The lady looked offended, but Mommy knows you are not supposed to approach a strange dog like that.

Then Mommy talked to two ladies. The ladies said they owned 13 Chihuahuas. They were named from one to 13 in Spanish. I soon figured out they were talking about 13 dogs. Imagine that -- 13 dogs! A couple of them, numbers Cinco and Seis, had had encounters with something called foxtails. This made me wonder if a foxtail is as pretty and magnificent as my tail. 


Here's a good shot of mine. 

Then they carried Cinco out and she was just the tiniest dog you ever saw. Her surgery came to $100.00.


Then the other lady had to go and pay for Seis's surgery and it came to $140.00. They gave her the foxtail to take home. The lady showed it to Mommy and she took a picture. I saw it too and I just about burst out laughing. A foxtail looks like that? No, Mommy said, it's a part of a grass. Boy, I tell you, sometimes these persons are sort of dumb. If it's a grass, why not call it a grass? But I guess they do pretty much what they want. Persons, I mean.

All of a sudden as I sit there, minding my own business, out comes a young guy, calls my name, comes up and throws a leash around my neck and takes me away. Onto a scale I go. I think I better behave myself here, there's no telling where this is going. Then he takes me into a room and sticks two needles in me. First one, then the other. I yelp! I don’t like this, I want to go home. Well, it didn't get any worse and I was soon back with Daddy. Mommy had to pay and then we were off. 


As soon as we got to the car, I jumped in the driver's seat, ready for takeoff! Had I known how to back out, we would have been GONE in a minute. I didn't feel safe until we were way away from there and on our way home.

Have a nice day everyone!

Posted by Samson, the Samoyed Pup.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails