Friday, March 29, 2013

Soldier Plays, Samson Says & I Wrap It Up BeforeTthe A to Z



This morning, as we were getting ready for our walk, Soldier spotted a tennis ball, picked it up, bounced it around for a while, then grabbed it and took it with him on the walk. 


This would not be a big deal if he were younger and healthier, but it is because every morning I make sure he's still breathing and I turn my head away as he awkwardly gets up. You can see how crooked his hind legs are in the above picture. He's one courageous dog who loves his life. It will soon be six years since my husband rescued him the day before he was to go to the pound, and one year and five months since we thought we would have to end his life after his back was injured. He took his life in his own hands or paws, I should say, that day and showed us he wasn't through. 


Mommy: Samson, you are just one big cloud of fur! I eat it, it's on my clothes, it's in the car, it's on the carpet, on the couch, in my food, on my toothbrush even. And I brush you every day, how can this be?


Mommy: Here you look like Alfalfa, hair sticking up everywhere, matted again, even though I brush and brush.
Samson: Do not!
Mommy: What, do not?
Samson: Brush me, every day.
Mommy: Do so!
Samson: Do not!


Mommy: Just look at this! I brush, I rake, I dematter or whatever it's called, I pull even. Look at it, will you. 
Samson: Mommy, the weather made me do it. It got warm, I can't help it.
Mommy: OK, you are right, it's the weather's fault. I love you my boy and I don't mind the mess.

Our largest tumble weed has not yet tumbled away in the wind storms we have every day.

The A to Z Challenge starts on Monday, April 1, and throughout April I will post according to my Theme ~ My 50 Years in America. The Challenge has gotten so huge now, the organizers even have minions to help out. I think it's great that it has become such a success. I am most definitely not writing a memoir, just little snippets, as we have been asked to keep our posts short, of my life in these United States. Some about my travels, some about a pet or two, some about events that took place during this time. 


Samson: Mommy, mommy, the gopher, the gopher! I saw him, I saw him and I'm soooo MAD now!!!!!

I feel bad that, once again, I won't be able to share how the canyon comes to life in April. Apparently, the gopher just stuck his head out of the ground and drove Samson to distraction. Ground squirrels are chasing each other across the yard, but no babies have appeared yet, strange birds, new to me and the canyon, are singing spring songs. It's a wonderful time already and will only get better. 

I think that my gut pain may have been identified and it's nothing, really. Just a bit embarrassing. Suffice it to say, I, who eat so much fiber naturally, must now eat more. If it's that simple, I'm happy, but also sorry doctors recommend the most expensive diagnostics first, instead of just recommending some Metamusil or whatever that stuff is called. We'll see.

I also plan to have the cystoscopy with a few related exams while I'm at it. I haven't had any new infections, but last year was so difficult and I may as well just get it all done now. 

Finally, I'm so glad that so many took a minute to visit fishducky's blog. She's one funny lady and so talented. And such a good friend to me and my husband.





LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails