Monday, January 30, 2012

Your Comments, Google Reader (?), Native American Wisdom, Ms. Vining and the Crown Prince of Japan.


Samson's got the Monday morning blues because daddy left for Los Angeles this morning. I, on the other hand, am happy because I believe I may get a few things done around here. Am I the only one who gets more stuff done when hubby is away? Of course, I know something that Samson doesn't: Daddy will be back this evening. Before he got sad, Samson told me how happy he was with all the nice comments left on his recent post. He is especially happy to know that you all find him handsome. 

It was great for me too, of course, to read all your recent comments. I don't go back and forth responding to comments as some of you do. There just isn't enough time in my day now since my aforementioned husband recently retired. A laptop would make this easier, but I don't have one. This doesn't mean I don't love to read your comments and appreciate the time you take to leave them. And I do like to read comments on blogs where conversations are initiated. It can be very interesting and a good way to get to know your blogger friends. My blogger friend Jim at Ocean Breezes mentioned that we can now use some feature to answer comments immediately. I am so behind on all the new things, I only recently discovered Google Reader. I really like it, but I don't see any way to comment in the Reader. So what do you do? Go back to Dashboard? 
    

My replies to your comments: I am glad you enjoyed yesterday's photo. I love it when the clouds are low on the mountain like that. 
Lindsjo Taxar: My dogs like to sleep late too, as does my husband. Not me.
turqoisemoon, Chatty Crone, Pearl and Bengt: Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. It's always fun to meet new bloggers here.
Leovi: I was particularly thrilled by your comment. For those of you who don't know, Leovi is a fabulous photographer and if you haven't visited her blog yet, you should, it's amazing.
I'm happy that you liked the quote and how fun that it reminded Dee of my most favorite quote, which I have in my sidebar between the pictures of my pets and the wild critters. At least I think that's the one Dee was reminded of.
I will repost it here, it is so worth while:



"Treat the Earth well:
it was not given to you by your parents,
it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
~ Native American Proverb
I got yesterday's quote from a copy of the cover of Elizabeth Gray Vining's book: Being Seventy, The Measure of a Year.
I came upon this copy in a file I have, called Writers. So it pays off in different ways to go through and purge your files. 
Back to the author: Ms. Vining lead an interesting life. In her best known book, Windows for the Crown Prince, she wrote about her time in Japan, where she tutored the then Crown Prince Akihito.


The author with Crown Prince Akihito ~ from amazon.com
I was probably in my 50s when I read Being Seventy, perhaps it would be fun to read it again now, that I am that age, seventyish. 


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails