Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Canyon Walk With Angel


I've been busy with that new year's inspiration to get organized, get in shape, and in general take care of any left over business from 2010.

But this morning the weather was so gorgeous, I took Angel and we went for a walk on our land.


We saw snow left in the shade of junipers trees.


We saw a long ditch made by nature itself. With all the flooding here in the canyon, I often wonder why no ditches? 


We walked by some interesting rock formations.


This road, which continues up to a public road where our land ends, seems to be in a pretty good shape after all the rain. It's steep over there, more so than you can see, so I didn't try it today.


There is a long view from that road and in the distance you can see the snow covered top of one of the mountains in the Tehachapi range.


There is also some snow left in the local canyon mountains.



I sat up by the barn for a while and prayed for and thought of a few people in need right now. It is so peaceful there. 


There are a couple of reasons Angel is not running free any more when we go hiking. One is her tremendous speed and all the holes in the ground. She is 12 now, and I worry that she will injure herself. She did fall into this little ditch today and got her paw caught, so I was glad we were just walking. She gets to run closer to the house and, again, I think that her great-great-grandfather must have been a greyhound as I watch her run at an incredible speed for her age.


Home again! We have frost at night with temperatures in the low 20s, but as soon as the sun comes out, the grass looks like this. I've never seen anything like it here.









LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails