Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lots of Stuff Arrived - A Move Update


Part one of my husband's move is over. It took my husband, his brother and nephew most of Saturday to load the truck. They arrived late, around 5:00 p.m. 

Those of you who have read my blog for a while know I don't cook much because my husband both loves to cook and is a fabulous cook. But I had to feed these hardworking guys so I baked a chicken stuffed with garlic, onions, and rosemary from our garden that I served with brown rice and a salad mixture of baby spinach and romaine lettuce. A great combination, as it turned out. Well, the chicken came out so good that my husband said it tasted better than the last 30 chickens he cooked, which was best compliment for me and signaled the return of my cooking confidence.

I was happy to see the big truck.


All the old computers, TVs, and things like that were put in one shed to be sorted out and dumped later. I hope! I like this old washing machine. It sat in our Los Angeles garden for the longest time without ever being cleaned up. We'll see if it becomes a project here -- or not 



I was surprised to see how many fishing rods we own. We used to have a sailboat and we went fishing in the Pacific ocean a lot in the old days. I will never forget those barracudas! My father-in-law used to take his sons fishing all over the place when they were growing up. There is a lake in this area and we are not far from Lake Isabella, but they are probably crowded with people. It would be fun to find a little mountain lake with few people around and try our luck at trout fishing again. 


The unloading took all day Sunday. My niece came with them from town and kept me company while the guys worked. It was a lot of work that needed to get done in a very short time. 

We were all tired by the time they got to the big things that went in the house, so tempers flared a bit, no pictures were taken, but it all worked out in the end. We ended the day with a delicious fish dinner, cooked by my hubby, with some of my now famous chicken added, a big fire in the fire place, some wine and relaxation. I now have my big refrigerator and a separate freezer in my tiny kitchen. There's a different TV in the living room and a beautiful huge 1930s-40s style dresser in the bedroom. This entire room where I sit at my computer, and where the office files and guest bed are located, is full of stuff – some of it will need a home, some will burn in the fireplace, and some will go to the dump. Good thing I like big projects!

The guys went back to Los Angeles yesterday. I'm really happy it went so well and that the weather was perfect: Sunshine, but neither hot nor cold! A few weeks ago that truck wouldn't have made it up our road because of the all the water and mud from the rains we had earlier.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails