Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday's Treasures & Things


First, I want to welcome three new followers to my blog: Debbie, DeanO, and Sharon. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and I hope you will enjoy Desert Canyon Living.


A happy baby picture of me with my Dad and his parents. The two salt dishes below belonged to my grandparents. 


When Jim of Ocean Breezes  talked about his retro salt and pepper shakers on Saturday, he inspired me to take a picture of these two little treasures and the very tiny silver spoon I use to this day to dish my salt with. These reminded me of two other treasures my grandparents had, that I wish I had now: Small silver dachshunds that you rested your butter knife on after you used the butter. I haven't thought of them in years, but I always thought they were so cool. 


Going down memory lane on Tuesdays is so much fun for me and I hope it's fun for you to come along and maybe remember some treasures of your own or a special person in your life.  

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails