Thursday, April 7, 2016

F is for Friends, Firemen, and Fun


Me, alone. Life after loss.

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~ Douglas Pagels


Rachael, animal caregiver, drummer, singer and 

someone who knows the true meaning of friendship.  


Jane, holding the old duck, and me at Rachael's place of work.
What follows is not a list of how many friends I have, just an acknowledgement of how blessed I feel and how happy I am to have all of them, and all of you, in my life. 

I met Jane over 30 years ago when we both worked at UCLA. I also met Judy, Carol and Rosemary at UCLA years ago.  I treasure their friendship so much.

Then there are my friends in the canyon. Mary, also a widow, who understands, cares and makes me laugh. And the women in CERT and the crochet group. Don't know what I would have done without them this past year.


I still have friends in Sweden and, of course, there's family. My cousin's son, Thomas, and his girlfriend, Michaela, visited me from Sweden last June. That was very special. And my SIL Deborah is a good friend, we support each other. 

Errol's brothers and a few of his friends also keep in touch.

And then there are these guys, who, unbeknownst to them, have cheered me up and made me smile and giggle even. My girlfriends here think I have huge crushes on them (as a generic group). To this, I say, there's nothing wrong with having HEROES, or crushes for that matter.....

 All men are created equal, then a few become firemen. ~ Author Unknown






Finally, there are all of you, my blogger friends who kept Errol and me in your hearts, your prayers, and  your thoughts. I will never forget the love you sent our way. Thank you. 


Each friend represents a world in us, and it is only by their arriving that a new world is born. ~ Anais Nin 








LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails