Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for Joy


Me, alone. Life after loss.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. 
~ Psalm 30:5

While I never wept for a night, I wept, strange word that, old fashioned. Yes, I wept more this past year than I would have thought possible. But then I began to heal and once more,


I wanted to capture the joy of a sunrise, of springtime in the mountains, of tiny wildflowers on the hillsides.


Now, almost a year has passed, the house finches have come back to find their old nests destroyed by house renovating humans.


But not deterred, they are busy building new ones, and their twitter makes me smile, helping 


me to again know the joy of an April morning. 


These mornings, these April mornings, I walk in the hills with my dogs. It's different from before, when we walked together with our dogs, four of them, two of us. Different, but joyful still.....







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails