Thursday, February 3, 2011

Last Saturday's Walk With Soldier -- And More Moving News



Welcome Lisa a new follower of my blog.

I started writing this post Tuesday afternoon while I was 
waiting for my husband and his brother to arrive with the second and last load of things from the Los Angeles house. 


I wrote I was feeling very feeling stressed then and I still do. Not just from the move but other things as well. I know I don't talk much about feeling bad and stressed in this blog and for the most part I think I've learned to cope pretty well with whatever life dishes out. And if you haven't at my age, when would you? But then there are some days when I seem to forget it all. Tuesday, was one such day. Actually, I had one on Monday too. Sunday, I don't even remember. 


As it turned out, there were a lot of problems with the move and getting everything loaded and they didn't arrive here until midnight. After next to no sleep the two old guys, with a little bit of help from me, unloaded a U-haul truck full of building materials, paints, garden stuff, tools, and so on. I got more cleaning supplies, spices, towels, dishes, pots and pans than I will ever need. Lots of things that will have to go to the dump also arrived. And the pickup truck game up as well, loaded with firewood. More firewood was in the U-haul and we now have wood for more than one winter. Good thing as it was 14 degrees F this morning. At the end of the day, our three sheds were full and overflowing.


''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
While waiting on Tuesday, I wrote that one thing that always helps me feel better is a walk with the dogs. And I created this post about my walk with Soldier last Saturday.


Here is my handsome boy.



We were walking up this hill -- one that we don't usually walk, so I took a few pictures for some different views of our land and the surrounding mountains. There are several juniper trees spread out over the hillside and I took aim on one, not too far up, and decided to walk there a few times a week and then increase the distance and take aim on another bush until I finally reach the top. I'll let you know how that works out.



It soon started to rain, but that didn't stop us.


Then it hailed, but we kept walking. Soldier didn't seem to mind, which surprised me.


He may look like a German shepherd/Lab cross, but this dog does not like water in any form, except to drink, so I figure there is something else going on with his DNA.


Here is a different view of the canyon with the rainclouds covering the mountains to the east. Snow fell on them from this storm, but we only got rain and hail in the canyon. No winter here, but you have to enjoy what you get, I guess. And Saturday was a fun day for Soldier and me. And he was the lucky dog, because it started to rain really hard, so no one else got to walk.



When we got home, I sat down at the computer and developed the pictures while Soldier fell asleep on my slipper.


Then, somehow, he grabbed it and cuddled it in his sleep. I thought that was so cute, I had to share it. 

That was Tuesday and now it's Thursday. We returned the U-haul this morning and rested today. A lot of work lies ahead but I don't mind. I enjoy getting organized and I'm good at downsizing, so we'll see what happens with it all. 




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails