Friday, February 11, 2011

Lazy Blogger (Me) Provides Links to Past Posts and Makes Future Post Promises

Thank you all for your comments about yesterday's road trip and doctor's visit. I was really happy to see the X-ray and hear the doctor say I would never need replacement surgery. I don't know what exactly may have needed replacement, but I was happy to hear that surgery most likely will not be needed in the future.


There are wind turbines all across this ridge. They are the ones we see from our place.

Your comments about the wind farms (yesterday's photo showed just one mountain top, there are so many here) reminded me of a post I entered back in June. I called it Coming Attractions and wrote it as much for me as for my blogger friends so that I would get out and about more locally and then write about my experiences. 


Another view of the ridge -- I just couldn't get the wind mills to show.

So far the only day trips that have materialized are my visits with Rachael to the Mountain Spirit Center, a Zen retreat, which you can read about here and here, and with Judy to the donkey rescue and the Norbertine Monastery, you can read about those two places here  and here.


Look what I got! The first little purple spring flowers. I don't know what happened to our winter, but I am beginning to enjoy our spring.

Your comments about the wind farms reminded me that I have wanted to learn more about them and their impact on our community and then write a post about them. Louise asked how they work and they seem to work well. Once one broke and was flaying wildly in the wind, causing Hwy 58 and our canyon road to be closed to traffic until they could get it under control. I'm sure you wouldn't want one of those blades  come flying off the mountain. Personally, I don't think they they are ugly here in the mountains. I think they are pretty cool, actually. To look at I mean. But they may not fit in everywhere, of course. I read about placing them in the ocean by Martha's Vineyard or somewhere around there and don't think I would like that at all. I don't think they do any more damage to wildlife than oil wells and other stuff we humans build in nature. Probably less. And I like to see energy gathered from the wind. There's something appealing about that to me.


Our rosemary is in bloom too.

My most popular post, one that is still read by people a year later, is this one: http://desertcanyonliving.blogspot.com/2010/03/murals-of-exeter-california.html

A mural from Exeter, CA. Exeter is a charming little town in the San Joaquin Valley and is supposed to have the best tasting oranges around. And I believe that.

The reason I'm mentioning my Exeter post is that we too, here in town, have murals. It's an ongoing project and new ones are added each year. I would very much like to do a walkabout around town with my camera and then write a post about them. There are not as many by far as there are in Exeter, but some of them are really great. As with the murals in Exeter, they all give insight into the history of this mountain town and the surrounding valleys.


Another mural from Exeter.

The other reason I'm mentioning this post is that at the time I wrote it, I had few followers and since it is a fun and interesting post, I thought maybe some of you would like to visit it.

One final example of the murals of Exeter, CA.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails