Friday, February 4, 2011

Samson Says: Daddy is BACK!!


Samson Says:

Hello everyone, I'm a happy dog today. You know why? Because Daddy is here and it looks like he'll be around for a while. And I love my Daddy sooo much. Yes, I know, Mommy is OK, but Daddy, he's my man! 


You may remember that sad day back in October when I got left behind.


I was crying here when Daddy went back to Los Angeles and didn't take me with him.


I kept looking, and looking, hoping he would turn around, but he didn't.


But it didn't take long for my happiness to come back. Soon I was playing with the other dogs, enjoying being part of a pack. Here I am, playing with Angel and a sock.


When the old dogs got tired (you know old dogs need their rest) I busied myself with digging some big holes in the yard. 


Please note how nice and even my holes are, free of all dirt, just some old rocks left in there. No, I'm not trying to escape here, but Mommy asked if I was trying to get to China. She said she heard this when she was a kid (a very, very long time ago, if you ask me): "If you dig a big enough hole, you'll end up on the other side of the earth and that's where China is. So you better be careful, Samson," she said, "or you will fall through the hole and end up in China." A bunch of nonsense if you ask me.


But I've been a good dog too. Here I am, helping Mommy clean the house.


And when I get tired, I sleep peacefully in a heap with Angel and Soldier.


Here is some of the mess we are in today, but it's nothing compared to some places that Mommy will not le me show you. Angel is sniffing Daddy's stuff, there are boxes on the chest and everywhere, and Pippi Birdie is trying to not get scared by all the commotion.


Some very nice furniture we got from Daddy's good friend Mr. F. and had in the Los Angeles house is now here. This loveseat replaces the one that I chewed up and did some other damage to. And Daddy says, don't you dare touch those two nice blue chairs Mr. F. gave us. Those are for sitting in front of the fire – for Mommy and Daddy only.

That's all from me. I'm ready to play now!

Have a nice day everyone!

Posted by Samson, the Samoyed Pup.

Mommy Says:

Thank you for your comments. I must confess that I am not as stressed about the move as I am about how tired and worn out my husband has become thanks to the stress he is under. He doesn't want me to talk about him much here, so that's all I will say about that. Money also figures in my brain, causing it to rattle frequently. Your comments and your caring helped me so much. Last year was tough for me, but friends helped so much. I am determined that this will be a better year though. It may even be the year where I learn to be a good cook and finally write that cookbook of my husband's good cooking that I began some 20 years ago. 

I'll borrow Samson's sign off: Have a nice day, everyone!






LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails